Thursday, April 28, 2011

"Things Are Looking Up At The Fairmont"

Things Are Looking Up At The FairmontIMG_4870-Edit

"Things Are Looking Up At The Fairmont"
©David A. Ziser

This is another image I made while exploring Banff, Alberta, Canada and the surrounds.  We took a day trip over to Lake Louise and stopped in the beautiful Fairmont Hotel to warm up after our freezing walk across the frozen lake.

I was just resting in the lobby waiting on LaDawn who was wondering the nearby gift shop when I leaned back and noticed this really cool looking upper level of the hotel.  As luck would have it, my trusty Sigma 8-16mm lens was in place on my camera.

I simply leaned back as far as I could, framed up the image and shot away. Granted, this is no image for Architectural Digest, but the experience was a nice “eye exercise” in composition.  First of all I like all the strongly converging lines created by the super wide angle lens.  Next, I like the contrasting warm and cool colors. I also like the contrasting elements the curving arches, chandelier, and corner railings against the straight lines of the second floor soffit and pillars.

I thought the combination of all these elements made for an interesting and pleasing visual experience.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with Sigma 8-16mm lens at 8mm, F4.5 @ 1/30 second, ISO 200.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment