Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"Church Soldiers"

0001- Church SoldiersIMG_4822-Edit

"Church Soldiers"
© David A. Ziser

Here is another image I made during our Photowalk this past Saturday in NYC.  As I’ve said earlier, it was quite a colorful walk.  This is an image taken of the front door of one of the churches we strolled by.  I thought the unique rail leading to the bright red front doors of the church looking like the congregants marching up the Sunday service in single file.

I liked the original image, but decided to give it a different perspective.  How about two groups in single file almost soldier-like heading up to the entrance?  It was easy to do – head over to Photoshop, crop to the left door section of the image, and then create a mirror image of the crop on the right side. Tweak the colors and contrasts in Lightroom 3 a bit more and I had the result I was looking for.

Now I thought I really had a fairly interesting composition happening.  What do you think?

Camera specs:  Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 80mm, F5.6 @ 1/160 second, ISO 1000.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment