Thursday, April 19, 2012

"City Dancer”

City Dancer-

"City Dancer”
©David A. Ziser

This is probably my favorite image from yesterday’s shoot. I love the lighting on this image, the expression on our model’s face, and the background of the city skyline.  All three combined to make a very compelling image. 

Primary lighting was supplied by my Quantum strobe shooting through my Zumbrella coming in from camera right. One of the class members suggested that we add a secondary light coming in from camera left. The secondary light, a Nikon SP 800 optically triggered, supplied the accent lighting on the back our lovely subject. I think this was a great idea because the second light does a good job separating our subject from the dark background.

Next, I balanced the flash exposures with the ambient light of the cityscape. I think the result is a very pleasing photograph and one that would work in any models portfolio.

Camera specs: Canon 5D Mark III fitted with Tamron 28–300mm VC lens at 100mm, F5.6 @ 1/60 second, ISO 1600. Enjoy! – David

No comments:

Post a Comment