Wednesday, April 18, 2012

"Sweet Melodies”

DAZ MC Day1-

"Sweet Melodies”
©David A. Ziser

This image is one of my favorite images from yesterday’s shoot. What intrigues me most about this image is the composition and lighting.  I had the bride  lean in on the piano and positioned her face in the top left quarter of the frame or at nodal point #2. This positioning worked really well with with me shooting into the piano as I did here.

Lighting was going to be tricky. I chose to use my Z-Ray flashlight placing it in the bottom left-hand corner of the piano projecting the light directly onto her face.  This created a very unusual and intriguing lighting pattern throughout the entire scene.

Working in Lightroom 4 I was able to control the rest of the tonalities and densities throughout the rest of the scene. This image is my final result. I think it looks pretty cool.

Camera specs: Canon 5D Mark III fitted with Tamron 28-300mm lens at 28 mm, F5.0, @ 1/60 second, ISO 800.  Enjoy!  – David

No comments:

Post a Comment